How to Contact Indiana Department of Revenue and Other Related Questions

How do I contact Indiana Department of Revenue?
Indiana Department of Revenue Contact Information INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX: (317) 232-2240, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST. Filing your taxes, INfreefile, Refund status. SALES TAX: (317) 233-4015. WITHHOLDING TAX: (317) 233-4016. CORPORATE TAX: (317) 232-0129. PAYMENT SERVICES: (317) 232-2165.

State taxes, such as income, sales, and use taxes, are collected and enforced by the Indiana Department of Revenue. It’s crucial to know how to get in touch with the department if you have concerns or questions about your Indiana taxes or business registration. There are a number of ways to contact the Indiana Department of Revenue, including:

1. Phone: The department’s phone number is (317) 232-2240. On Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, you can call this number.

2. Email: The department’s email address is [email protected]. Remember that email is not a secure way of communication, so refrain from sending any sensitive information in your email.

3. Online: To submit your query or request, go to the department’s website at and use the “Contact Us” form.

4. Mail: The Indiana Department of Revenue’s address is P.O. Box 40, Indianapolis, IN 46206-0040, where you can send correspondence.

You can have additional concerns with conducting business in Indiana in addition to contacting the department. Following are some responses to typical queries: How can I find out whether a business name is already taken in Indiana? The website of the Indiana Secretary of State allows you to look up available company names. You can use this search to determine whether another company is already using the name.

– In relation to this, how can I obtain a copy of my Indiana articles of incorporation? You can ask the Indiana Secretary of State’s office for a copy of your articles of incorporation. To obtain a copy, contact their office by phone at (317) 232-6576 or online at

– Is tax ID the same as an EIN, then? Yes, a tax ID number and an employer identification number (EIN) are the same. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issues this number to identify businesses for tax-related purposes.

– I too have a question about how to obtain a free EIN in Indiana. By going to on the IRS website, you can submit a free EIN application. After completing the application, you will receive your EIN right away because the process is quick and easy.

In conclusion, it is critical for any taxpayer or business owner in the state to get in touch with the Indiana Department of Revenue. There are numerous methods to contact the department, whether you have inquiries concerning taxes, business registration, or other connected matters. Additionally, you can make sure that your company is compliant with Indiana rules and regulations by knowing how to get a copy of your articles of incorporation, check to see if a business name is available, and file for an EIN.

How can I get a free EIN number?

A free EIN (Employer Identification Number) can be obtained from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) immediately. You have the option to apply by phone, fax, mail, or online. Visit the IRS website and complete the online application to submit an application online. It is crucial to keep in mind that not all businesses need to have an EIN, so be sure to visit the IRS website or speak with a tax expert to find out if you require one.